Date:      Wed, 26 Jan 2000 13:21:29 -0500 (EST)
From:      Sheepman <sheepman@mindcrash.com>
To:        Mitch Collinsworth <mkc@Graphics.Cornell.EDU>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Samba and Windows 2000

With Windows 98, NT post SP4 and windows 2000, the default is for windows
to encrypt passwords, as opposed to the previous default of not to.  You
need to either change the registry in winodws to reverse the encryption,
or change Samba to use encryption.. read the docs that came with Smaba, it
explains this, as well as gives you the .reg files to do it.

"The world is headed for mutiny,
when all we want is unity"
-Creed