Date:      Fri, 6 Nov 1998 15:05:45 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
To:        vibes@hipdrome.org
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.0-CURRENT + ccd

 * Are there any known problems with ccd in current? All seems dandy
 * until I try to newfs the ccd-volume - then it just stops after 4 or 5
 * steps in the news-process - and hangs the machine. Tried with SMP and no-
 * SMP configured kernels.

Have you tried newfs'ing the character device ("rccd0c") or the block
device ("ccd0c")?  The latter used to cause hangs for me too.

 * I have tried this on three, two and just one disk - on two separate
 * Adaptec controllers. I could provide more information for diagnostics,
 * but if there are known problems with ccd at this stage I'd rather just
 * wait for an update.

Does it work if you use one disk not as a ccd?

Satoshi