Date:      Tue, 19 Apr 2005 09:59:43 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tom Shafron <phred1975@yahoo.com>
To:        Gary Mu1der <gmulder@infotechfl.com>, freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: designing new freebsd server for amd64 arch

How often did this occur for you?  What was the use
for the light testing (how man connections/sec and
Mb/sec)?  I'm trying to figure out if the testing I've
done would have shown this issue already or not...

I haven't gone live with the server yet so have only
been using it for beta testing... I did quite a few
bursts at about 50Mbps and 1200 conns/sec for about 1
minute at a time and didn't have any problems and
since then it's been running at much lower traffic
(maybe 1 connection every 30 seconds).  It's been up
for a couple of weeks with no apparent issues/hangs...
but as I said it hasn't been under much strain yet...