Date:      Fri, 14 Mar 1997 17:09:05 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Anshul Kantawala <anshul@dworkin.wustl.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: High-level questions..

Hi,

---
> Here are a couple of basic questions I have:
>
> 1. Is this a true multithreaded kernel?  (Specifically, can I run
> in parallel multiple protocol processing kernel threads?)

not at this point, doing this is discussed every now and then, but
no formal decisions have been made.

---
> I was wondering if there is any documentation about the design of
> FreeBSD running over a multiprocessor design.

not really, everything that exists is either in the source or collected
on the web pages:

http://www.freebsd.org/~fsmp/SMP/SMP.html

the SMP mailing list is also archived, and searchable via the freebsd
search page.

--
Steve Passe	| powered by