Date:      Sun, 13 May 2001 19:19:12 -0400
From:      Brian Dean <bsd@bsdhome.com>
To:        "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DISKLESS does not work any more since update

On Sun, May 13, 2001 at 08:28:21PM +0200, Hartmann, O. wrote:

> I switched back to the old rc.diskless-files and all things run all
> right.  the problem seems to be MFS realted: the diskless system
> tries to do something in /var and so on but it cannot perform its
> task do a read only system.  What happened?

Yes, some changes were made.  You now need to fully populate
/conf/default/etc with a copy of /etc.  That should be the only thing
that should be required after mergemastering, everything else should
be backward compatible.

If after you do that it still does not work, please send me a detailed
failure report.

Thanks,
-Brian
--