Date:      Tue, 04 May 1999 09:35:12 -0400
From:      Spamoff <Spambait@tampabay.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Packages - how do you use therm

Hello  :)

I've been going around in circles with these and am getting nowhere depsite
having Greg's book and looking at the web site.

1)   Can someone pleasqe expalin to me, succinctly, how you use packages after
you have installed them using /stand/sysinstall OR pkg_add.

I've done it both ways, I searched for their location. I've tried to read the
files present and failed pretty much.

Packages are supposed to be binary from what I understand, and ports are src
that you build ???

2)   What's the advantage, if any, of using the ports ?  I'm sure you can
change locations but what else ?

Regards...Martin