Date:      Tue, 8 Oct 2002 09:40:33 +0200
From:      Tilo Riemer <riemer@ppprs1.phy.tu-dresden.de>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HP XE3 and ACPI/APM

> > does someone use an HP XE3 with PIII Coppermine and Savage MX
> > graphik chip? If yes, does ACPI or APM work, more or less?
>
> APM does work well.

I compiled last night a new kernel with apm... and almost works fine :-)))

suspend to disk:
-works via Fn-F12
-about two times faster than under linux (suspending and resuming) :-)
-if the sound modules are loaded after resuming the notebook makes an hugly
high frequency noise. it's necessary to unload sound modules first
-often the relogon at bios password doesn't work, hard reset is needed
-keyrate is to slow (like under linux), sometimes setting keyrate fails
(something like ioctl not supported)

suspend to ram:
-does not work (it does not work under linux also, because dirty apm/acpi
implementation of the notebook itself)

suspend does not work with apm -z/Z (like under linux), it works only with
Fn-F12

battery:
-apm shows the correct battery state, but the icewm seems to like only
linux. it can't show the battery state, time for an own applet or so ;-)

best regards, Tilo