Date:      Fri, 23 Sep 2022 19:17:38 +0100
From:      void <void@f-m.fm>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Best mime-aware MUA for reading local (mbox format) mail?

On Fri, Sep 23, 2022 at 04:23:07AM -0400, Aryeh Friedman wrote:
>I often send mime mail (image attachments and such) to myself and need
>a MUA that can display the attachments so I can visually debug the
>code that does the sending.   What, if any, ports would be helpful
>here?

I use mutt in a console or in a shell via ssh. If I need to see
an attachment, I'll either pipe it to a program or save the attachment
and then run whatever is suitable for viewing it. That might be too
much effort for some use cases. What environment are you reading email in?

Do you need to see the attachments within the email?

If so, I'd recommend thunderbird or claws-mail. If not,
save the attachment with mutt then use whatever tool to
view the saved attachment.