Date:      Tue, 4 May 1999 10:09:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com>
To:        kid@troops.net (KID)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Quake Client (or lack thereof)...

[Try hitting the carriage return key occasionally or use a MUA that
won't maul your messages. You text was all on one line.]

KID wrote,
> I have been looking into getting Quake to run on my FreeBSD box...
> All the online info I have found is people running Quake in the linux
> emulator.  I figured I could pose this question to this list (I
> apologize if this is the wrong forum), but what would I need to do to
> get a FreeBSD Quake Client natively?

You would need the source code or need someone with access to source
to build you a native version.

Good luck.

PS: What's wrong with using Linux emulation to run it?