Date:      30 Apr 1998 11:06:13 -0500
From:      GLEN.W.MANN@monsanto.com
To:        dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re[2]: Internet Monitoring software

     Hello Doug-

     Well!  A vague question (which was intentional BTW) gets a vague
     answer (intentional as well I'm sure!).  We're thinking about 1)
     whether or not to monitor internet traffic for liability and security
     purposes, and 2) how to do it.  I suppose we could monitor volume,
     times and duration of usage, among other things.  I've got a FreeBSD
     box working here, and know if anything is capable of these things, it
     is.  I guess I'm a little new to the admin side of the internet, so
     I'm looking for any suggestions at all about what it takes to do these
     things, and if FreeBSD is a good choice.

     Thanks
     -Glen

glen.w.mann@monsanto.com
  My views are my own, and yours if you want them,
  but not those of Monsanto Company.