Date:      Fri, 2 Jan 2009 14:49:28 +0800
From:      "Lin Jui-Nan Eric" <ericlin@tamama.org>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TCP packet out-of-order problem

Dear All listers,

After running "netstat -s -p tcp", we found that lots of packets are
discarded due to memory problems. We googled for it, and found that
sysctl oid "net.inet.tcp.reass.maxsegments" became 0, therefore
packets never reassembled.

Then we checked our /boot/loader.conf and /etc/sysctl.conf, and found
that setting kern.ipc.nmbclusters="0" makes
net.inet.tcp.reass.maxsegments=0.
After setting net.inet.tcp.reass.maxsegments="1600" in
/boot/loader.conf, the network works perfectly now.

Thank you all for the help!