Date:      Tue, 4 May 1999 09:06:31 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Alain G. Fabry" <fabry@coserve.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   problem booting/rebooting

Following is my problem. I've installed FreeBSD 3.1-RELEASE on this old
386 I found to process some small mailinglists.
Everything works great up to the point that I restart the system. I do the
installation from ftp and go through the whole process. Everything works,
system is on the network and working normal. It will go through the first
reboot after the installation. Still everything works fine.
When I try to boot or reboot it from the commandprompt, the system reboots
en then just dies, nothing happens.
I've tried to go to the command prompt at boot up, there load the kernel
(successfully) followed by trying to boot. Again, nothing happens.
What could be causing this? Where and how can I look for problems?
TIA,

Alain