Date:      Thu, 21 Feb 2008 18:47:24 +0100
From:      Svein Skogen <svein-listmail@d80.iso100.no>
To:        Mikael Ikivesi <mikael.ikivesi@pp.inet.fi>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2 core dumps

Mikael Ikivesi wrote:
> Hi
>
> with RELENG_7 (4-7 days old) I have come across with 2
> panic/reboot.
>
> The first hapened while machine was compiling ports. When I came back
> the machine had rebooted and coredumped.

*snip!*

Could you add the following extra info (in case this is more than an
isolated hardware failure):

Your /var/run/dmesg.boot

Laptop make & model, and (if any) docking station used.

Reason I'm asking for docking station, is that a few years ago, I had
similar dumps (waaaay back when 5 was current), that actually got nailed
down to a dirty docking-station connector. Go figure. Knowing what
hardware is involved can help other FreeBSD users test if this problem
is repeatable.

Regards,

Svein Skogen