Date:      Fri, 21 May 1999 10:07:24 +0200
From:      Ladavac Marino <mladavac@metropolitan.at>
To:        'Mike Smith' <mike@smith.net.au>, Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.org>
Cc:        Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>, Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>, Tommy Hallgren <thallgren@yahoo.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Lazy SPLs

	[ML]  Whoa there!  That's the MAJOR advantage of PCI design.
Open collector, active low, level triggered interrupts are the only
possibility for interupt line sharing without programmatically
accessible registers on card which say "yes, I am still interrupting".

	Active high, edge triggered interrupts are an abomination (there
is no way to reliably share the interrupt line and you cannot even wire
or it).  They are the reason why one never has enough interrupt lines on
ISA.