Date:      Sun, 31 Oct 1999 23:53:32 +0200
From:      Langa Kentane <evablunted@earthling.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Squid auth_module installation

Hi

I have been trying to install the squid NCSA auth_module but ran into
some trouble.  A trace of the steps I took follows:

1.    Untarred by squid tarball
2.    did a  cd squid-2. whatever stable 5 (2.2 I think)
3    ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/squid
4.   cd auth_modules/NCSA
5    make

I then got the ff error:

/usr/libexec/elf/ld: cannot open -lmiscutils: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop.

What do I do now?  Please help before my boss kills me.
Thanks in advance.  oh, please send replies direct to my address.

Langa Kentane