Date:      Wed, 22 May 2002 18:26:46 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
To:        Troy <sindrome@sindrome.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD LIST <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org>
Subject:   Re: Boot manager calls Windows DOS

On Wed, 22 May 2002, Troy wrote:
> You don't want to try hacking the boot0cfg file.  I did this once and followed very accurate instructions and got into a bit of trouble.  Best bet is to use GRUB.  It's by far the best boot manager.  If you ever install win2k or XP you will notice that the default boot manager for FreeBSD will see these OS's as ???. Install/configure GRUB and you'll be much happier. -Troy

I find this foreboding worrisome; When I boot my PC, I get that F1 DOS, F2
FreeBSD etc boot menu and either press enter for F2 or wait for F2 to
select itself...  A while back, list members had confusedly directed me to
use fdisk -B or boot0cfg and since then, although I only boot to FreeBSD,
have abandoned my Standard MBR [no menu] project.  :-(

Can someone provide definitive guidance on this please?

--
Peter Leftwich
President & Founder