Date:      Wed, 1 Aug 2007 10:56:53 -0500
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
To:        Ewald Jenisch <a@jenisch.at>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Ronald Klop <ronald-freebsd8@klop.yi.org>
Subject:   Re: LAN failover redundandcy?

In the last episode (Aug 01), Ewald Jenisch said:
> On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 05:22:05PM +0200, Ronald Klop wrote:
> > man lagg
> > 'link aggregation and link failover interface'
> >
> > It is in 6-STABLE. I don't know since when.
>
> Hi Ronald,
>
> Thanks much for the hint. However it seems that "lagg(4)" isn't
> there. At least not on my up2date 6.2 System:
>
> # man lagg
> No manual entry for lagg
> # find /usr/src -name 'lagg*'
> #

6.2 was released back in January.  The lagg driver went into the 6.x
branch in May.  You'll need to update to 6-stable or wait for 6.3 to be
released.  If you're tracking RELENG_6_2, you are just getting critical
security patches.  You would need to track RELENG_6.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com