Date:      Thu, 12 Apr 2012 18:10:47 +0000
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        Jason Hellenthal <jhellenthal@dataix.net>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BURN_BRIDGES & /usr/src/sys/netinet6/ip6_output.c:582: undefined reference to `in6_selectroute_fib'

On 12. Apr 2012, at 17:10 , Jason Hellenthal wrote:

>=20
> While attempting to burn bridges... yeah yeah I know, may include some
> civil infractions ;)
>=20
> On stable/8 i386 Last Changed Rev: 234180 fresh build
>=20
> linking kernel.debug
> ip6_output.o(.text+0x334f): In function `ip6_output':
> /usr/src/sys/netinet6/ip6_output.c:582: undefined reference to
> `in6_selectroute_fib'

It's basically a marker to not use this function anywhere new in the =
stable/ branches.  It will change in HEAD soon given the code has now =
been in for almost two months (in HEAD) without further needs to =
re-adjustment.  I am not sure we ever allowed compiling with =
BURN_BRIDGES set but I can change the #ifndef to =
THIS_IS_PART_OF_THE_PUBLIC_STABLE_KPI or something if needed.

See the comment above it:
=
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/stable/8/sys/netinet6/in6_src.c?annotate=3D=
232552#l820

/bz

--=20
   It does not matter how good you are. It matters what good you do!