Date:      Wed, 31 May 1995 17:16:04 +0200
From:      Julian Howard Stacey <jhs@vector.eikon.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   something broke ~1.5 weeks ago with the groff rn macro

Hi Current List,

Something broke maybe 1.5 weeks ago in the groff overstrike macro that I use
in generating Postscript documents. The macro that broke is :-
----
.de os          \" { Macro - overscore a string.
.\"     this uses the bar of a an extended square root sign, so has no gaps
\\$1\l'|0\(rn'
.\"     invoke by:      .os "words under a line"
..
.\" }
-----
Basically the words get stretched out more now than before.
I haven't changed my .rof macros. Anyone else seen this ?

Anyone know what changed in the groff-->ngroff-->groff macros transition
to change the spacing generated by this macro ? Or which file to look in ?

Thanks

---
Julian Stacey  <jhs@freebsd.org>  Tel. +49 89 268616.   Fax Modem: 2608126