Date:      Wed, 20 Nov 2002 17:07:05 -0800
From:      "Scott R." <reverend@sfmidimafia.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   XFree86 Problem:  Cannot Disable Virtual Desktop

[I am not subscribed to this list, so please cc: me in any replies.
Thank you.]

For the past couple of days, I have been trying to find something,
*somewhere* that would tell me how to make my desktop the same size as
my screen.  Right now, the virtual desktop is roughly twice the size of
my screen.  I generated my XF86Config file using 'xf86config'.  In the
past (in version 4.2.0, for example), there was a question in there that
asked "would you like your desktop to be larger than your screen (y/n)?"
(or something along those lines), but, this time through, the question
was not there and I cannot for the life of me find anything in
XF86Config, the manpage, the list archives or google to help me out.
Can anyone give me a clue?

This is XFree86 4.2.1 on FreeBSD 5.0-DP2.  Please let me know if you
need more information.

Thanks in advance,
Scott