Date:      Thu, 6 Jan 2000 18:06:45 +0100
From:      Martin Welk <mw@theatre.sax.de>
To:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ich bin drin!

<AOL> Me, too! </AOL>

On Thu, Jan 06, 2000 at 03:38:23PM +0100, Christoph Kukulies wrote:

> Thanks to (especially Gary Jennejohn) all for helping. I'm connected
> now over i4bispp (isp0) rather than raw IP (ipr0) and it seems to work great.
>
> The router at the other end is an Ascend Max TNT (just FYI).

I'm connecting to an Ascend Max 1800 and the firmware shouldn't differ to
much - I am using isp0 (former isppp0) from the beginning, and this was
somewhere at 2.2.6-R :-)

The configuration was even more simply as I use caller ID identification:
compared to PPP authentification (PAP, as you do), this was a little bit
faster, especially, when the authorization on the Maxens side was done
over RADIUS. So if you can change your dialup profile on the Max, it's
once more less complicated :-)

(I was trying raw IP with the Max in the beginning, and it was Jörg Wunsch
who asked why I am thinking that i4b's raw IP should be compatible to
Ascend's raw IP... With sync PPP, everything works fine. And I haven't
still sent that postcard :-((( )

> <and the password I inadvertently exposed to freebsd-questions has been
> changed immediately after exposure> ;-)

Oh, what a pity, I still need some more anonymous Internet access
possibility to get rid of all the bitrot lurking around in my system! :-)

Regards,

Martin
--
 /| /|        | /| /            ,,You know, there's a lot of opportunities,
/ |/ | artin  |/ |/ elk                     if you're knowing to take them,