Date:      Fri, 20 Dec 2002 15:29:16 +0100
From:      Eric Brasseur <eric.brasseur@softhome.net>
To:        trevor@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: netscape7-7.0  'found a solution

Hello,

That's me of an hour ago, about Netscape 7 and Mozilla bugging.

I managed to get Netscape 7 working:

a) The phantom profiles were in fact located inside the=20
/usr/compat/linux/root/.mozilla directory. Indeed Netscape 7 on FreeBSD 4=
=2E7=20
seems to use that directory instead of /root/.mozilla . So erasing that=20
/usr/compat/linux/root/.mozilla directory was a first upgrade. Then let=20
Netscape 7 create a new one.

b) Next problem is the "lock" link inside /usr/compat/linux/root/.mozilla=
=20
directory is not deleted when Netscape 7 exits (=20
/usr/compat/linux/root/.mozilla/default/5th6tt7g.slt/lock in my very case=
),=20
even on a perfectly sane and regular exit. The reason is Netscape 7 tries=
 to=20
erase the lock link from the /root/.mozilla directory... So I simply crea=
ted=20
a link  /root/.mozilla pointing towards the /usr/compat/linux/root/.mozil=
la=20
directory. That's it.

Mozilla still won't work, even while I deinstalled, cleaned, erased the=20
directories and reinstalled completely both the linux_base and linux-mozi=
lla=20
ports.

Sincerely.

Eric Brasseur