Date:      Sat, 3 Jun 2006 00:50:01 -0400
From:      Kevin Brunelle <kruptos@mlinux.org>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Record Uptimes

> That's flaky?
>
> I typically get uptimes of 22-30 *hours* from my mains supply
> without interruption.  I have to keep the house clocks on my UPS
> here in Florida.
>
> I suppose the storms we get have a bearing on the quality of our
> electrical grid ;-)

Oh you have to love that Florida weather.  And just when you think you've got
the random power-outages beat with several strategic UPSes... the power is
out for 10-20 days thanks to the latest tropical storm.

Well, at least that's a rare one... but the power does drive me nuts.  I used
to joke that a light breeze would kill the power at the place where I worked.

-Kevin