Date:      Mon, 17 Aug 1998 12:48:57 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Gilad Rom <lickyou@ein-hashofet.co.il>
To:        Kent Berggren <root@aramis.sr.se>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: ghostscript-5.10

If youve downloaded the standalone port tarball, then it cannot find its
dependencies and you will have to download and install all packages
seperately. This is not recommended, since the ports depend on each other
for sucessful installation and correct package
registration(uninstallation).

It is very recommended you download the entire ports tree and use it, and
not use the standalone ports themselvs. The ports tree itself is not big
in size - several megabytes are well worth their size when it comes to
this :)

Gilad.