Date:      Fri, 20 Jan 2017 19:47:31 +0700
From:      sudakov+freebsd@sibptus.tomsk.ru
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make.conf options and poudriere

Matthew Seaman wrote:
> > I'm trying to set per-port specific options as written in
> > https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/52871/
> >
> > For example, I have tried:
> > "net-mgmt_flow-tools_UNSET= GCC"
> > and
> > "net-mgmt_flow-tools_UNSET= USE_GCC"
> >
> > but the port still requires lang/gcc. However, if I comment out
> > "USE_GCC" directly in the net-mgmt/flow-tools/Makefile, it works for me.
> >
> > What am I doing wrong? I would like to be able to set/unset this
> > variable for different sets in poudriere, without editing the ports's
> > Makefile itself.
>
> Settings like 'net-mgmt_flow-tools_UNSET= GCC' only apply to the options
> defined by the port, and net-mgmt/flow-tools doesn't define a 'GCC' option.
>
> Where the port Makefile says:
>
> USE_GCC=any

The question is not about this particular option but in fact any arbitrary
Makefile variable. Maybe FLOW_CAPTURE_SPOOL= just for example.

How do I redefine or unset such variables depending on the port,
without actually editing the port's Makefile itself? I would prefer to
do it from /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/foo-bar-make.conf

> However, if you find that net-mgmt/flow-tools will compile and run
> successfully with the system Clang, please submit a PR to have the
> 'USE_GCC' line deleted.

Yes, I have patched it to compile with the system Clang, and am going
to submit a PR about it, but that's another matter. My question is
more generic.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
AS43859