Date:      Tue, 14 May 1996 15:55:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Exabyte Tape Drive Firmware

I wrote:
> > * Apparently I can do periodic firmware updates to this beastie.  Is
> > there any method within FreeBSD to do these firmware updates?

Joerg responded:
> I once tried to upgrade the firmware for my Tandberg tape drive using
> scsi(8), but eventually gave up since the Tandberg seems to require
> getting everything in a single SCSI transfer, but our transfers are
> currently limited to 64 KB per SCSI command by physio(9).

I just called TTI with this same question.  I'm not at all clear on if
I'll ever even have to do a firmware upgrade.  At any rate, the way they
said firmware updates are handled is just by spinning a special firmware
upgrade tape in the drive.

I'm probably going to get this drive, I'll make a report later on how
things are going.

Brian