Date:      Sat, 10 May 2003 00:48:19 -0500
From:      Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Perforce Change Reviews <perforce@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: PERFORCE change 30905 for review

* Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.org> [ Date: 2003-05-09 ]
	[ w.r.t. PERFORCE change 30905 for review ]
> http://perforce.freebsd.org/chv.cgi?CH=30905
>
> Change 30905 by jmallett@jmallett_dalek on 2003/05/09 21:54:02
>
> 	Use an ungodly huge stack, for now, it's doing well here
> 	and since that my random problems have gone away, but that
> 	may be the result of other things related to mutex_init.
>
> 	Prime the GP, compiler changes going in soon need this to
> 	produce a booting kernel.

Oops, I forgot about this crud...

> -ENTRY(btext)
> +	.globl btext
> +btext:

We just want to mark the beginning of the text segment, not have
a full-fledged entry point, that would require an END() to shut up
the assembler, and that's just stupid.

> +#if 0
> +	# Put thread0 onto our temporary stack.
> +	ld	t0, pcpup
> +	ld	t0, PC_CURTHREAD(t0)
> +	sd	sp, TD_KSTACK(t0)
> +#endif
> +

This was sooo not meant to be committed.  Trying to just get away
with using the tempstack, and I if0'd it to see if it was the cause
of my mutex pain and suffering with witness.
--
juli mallett. email: jmallett@freebsd.org; efnet: juli;