Date:      Sun, 09 Mar 1997 12:22:24 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anyone on the list who can check-in the bt848 driver?

Okay,
 you guys are on your own for about a week.

The Cable broadcast stuff works over here.
In fact I went out yesterday and got myself a cable splitter to connect
my WinCast/TV and my TV 8)

We should discuss with Jim Lowe and Mark Tinguely about divorcing
the meteor ioctl structure from the BT848 . However if we do decide
to divorce the two of then I strongly suggest that we start thinking
about a video graphic library api and its respective implementation.

Steve I placed on my ftp a copy of the mods that I did and which
includes the color stuff which you send me. The file is called:
ftp://rah.star-gate.com/pub/steve.c This version of brooktree848.c
supports my wincast/tv as well as my cable setup.
You will have to extract the mods just for the tuner code,
color stuff, the disabling Y/C for input dev1.

Now, I am really out of time :(

	Good Luck,
	Amancio