Date:      Fri, 28 Jan 2000 12:05:34 -0800 (PST)
From:      Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
Cc:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>, Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai@bart.nl>, committers@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: More world breakage

Marcel Moolenaar wrote:

> I already have patches (somewhere :-) that solve this problem. I choose not
> to apply these before the release. I will fix installworld after the
> release. For now, you can use the buildkernel and installkernel targets
> (after a buildworld) to solve the (possibly complex) dependencies between
> kernel, modules and world.

The buildkernel target seems to be broke.  The following sequence
was followed (starting at 0900 PST ):

%cvsup supfile.current
%cd /usr/src
%make -j 4 buildworld
%setenv KERNEL SGK
%make buildkernel

--
Steve

cc -c -O -pipe -Wall -Wredundant-decls -Wnested-externs -Wstrict-prototypes  -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wcast-qual  -fformat-extensions -ansi  -nostdinc -I- -I. -I/usr/src/sys -I/usr/src/sys/../include  -D_KERNEL -include opt_global.h -elf  -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2  /usr/src/sys/net/if_ethersubr.c
/usr/src/sys/net/if_ethersubr.c: In function `ether_output':
/usr/src/sys/net/if_ethersubr.c:215: `ETHER_HDR_LEN' undeclared (first use in this function)
/usr/src/sys/net/if_ethersubr.c:215: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once

[20 more warnings/errors deleted].