Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 2002 21:33:21 -0600 (CST)
From:      shadows <shadows@cyberspace7.legions.org>
To:        "Eric B . Marquez" <emarquez@speakeasy.net>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Xircom RealPort CardBus 10/100+56 RBEM56G-100

Sorry to break it to you man. I have a Xircom 10-100TX +56K Modem Cardbus
card and it is also 32 bit cardbus. At this time FreeBSD does not support
it according to
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/laptop/article.html

FreeBSD currently supports 16-bit PCMCIA cards, but not 32-bit
(``CardBus'') cards. A database of supported cards is in the file
/etc/defaults/pccard.conf. Look through it, and preferably buy cards
listed there.

A friend of mine is sending me a Netgear 410TX PCMCIA card which is 16bit
and in the supported list of cards. Currently Netgear Shop is selling them
on Ebay for 24.95 plus 9 dollar shipping at
http://www.netgear.com/ebay_auctions.html

Thomas B