Date:      Tue, 6 Oct 2020 10:56:19 +0000
From:      Tom Hukins <tom@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: p5-HTML-Tree -- missing dependency

On Mon, Oct 05, 2020 at 11:36:48PM -0700, Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:
> my installed version of HTML::TreeBuilder craps out at:
>
>     /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/HTML/TreeBuilder.pm line 59.
>
> Looking at that source line, I see the following:
>
>     use HTML::Entities ();

Do you have the p5-HTML-Parser package installed?
https://metacpan.org/search?q=html%3A%3Aentities shows that it contains
the HTML::Entities module.  Does `perl -MHTML::Entities -wE 1` fail?

> Shouldn't the installation of a particular pre-built package such as
> the p5-HTML-Tree force all of its dependencies to also be automagically
> installed?

It should.  https://www.freshports.org/www/p5-HTML-Tree/ shows that
p5-HTML-Tree depends on p5-HTML-Parser.

Tom