Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 2013 14:50:00 GMT
From:      John Marino <draco@marino.st>
To:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/179676: deskutils/org-mode.el: checksum mismatch

The following reply was made to PR ports/179676; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: John Marino <draco@marino.st>
To: John Hein <jhein@symmetricom.com>, bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 16:42:55 +0200

 On 6/18/2013 16:09, John Hein wrote:
 > Did you try to do what I asked - move away your tarball and re-run
 > 'make fetch' (or 'make checksum' if you wish)?  If so, is the
 > tarball still failing the checksum?  Can you include your output
 > (which will show the fetch URL).

 I checked and there was no tarball to move away --- so I thought.
 I checked the distinfo name again and this time I found the file ,
 deleted it, and yes this time "make checksum" passed.

 Since I think this is strange, I grepped all the distinfo files in case
 another port's tarball overwrote this one, but I didn't find anything
 like that.

 Sorry.  I did actually try to delete it before.
 This is the first case I've seen of a corrupt tarball.  The server in
 question is at a data center with a large pipe so I'm not sure how the
 tarball got corrupted.

 JOhn