Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 1996 12:15:30 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        wsantee@wsantee.oz.net (Wes Santee)
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: On commit messages for Stable...

Wes Santee wrote:

> After writing up the original request for a CVS commit list for the
> -stable branch only, and seeing the ensuing discussion on the pros and
> cons of it all, I just wanted to add that if a -stable only mailing
> list isn't going to happen, is there a line in the commit messages or
> some other way of telling that a piece is being checked into the
> -stable branch?

	yes.  RELENG_2_1_0 is the key that you are looking for.
	messages that do not have any indicator are commited to the HEAD
	(ie -current).

> If there is a surefire way to see if something is being checked into
> -stable, I can write a procmail recipe to filter on the stuff I want
> to see which may be a compromise that we all can agree on.

	no one would object to you using procmail to filter on this
	tag.

	in my own defense, i must say that mail has been "busy"
	lately what with the internet connectivity problems
	in california.