Date:      Wed, 19 Dec 2001 06:46:18 +0100
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@mobil.cz>
To:        FBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: How do I get access now to the Lucent WinModem port for FBSD 4.6

> From: "Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
> To: "FBSD Questions" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
> Subject: How do I get access now to the Lucent WinModem port for FBSD 4.6
> Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 18:23:07 -0500
>
> The Lucent WinModem port has been commented for the next
> release of FBSD 4.5 due to be released 01/20/2002. This
> port is of hight interest to many modem based users of FBSD.
> How can I get this port now to test and review the
> documentation to verify it will truly meet the needs of the
> user group waiting for it's general release. Have no need for
> another port with bare minimums documentation. Bare minimum
> documentation is no longer an acceptable standard. Want to see
> the job done right. There is more to building a port than the
> technical side, a port has to have documentation and someone
> has to enforce some thing more that bare minimum documentation.
> In this case I would like to review what the commenter has
> accepted as acceptable documentation and get corrections in the
> documentation before the 4.5 is released if need be.
>
> How do I get access to this port
> or what is the email address of the person who authorizes the
> comment of this kind of ports.

    1) (just a nit) it's not "commenter", it's "commiter".
    2) the port is in the ports, so cvsup your ports,
    > cd /usr/ports/comms/ltmdm/
    > make install

    And, it's not the port maintainer's task to write docs beyond
    covering the port-specific behavior (IOW, where the port deviates
    from the standard install procedure of the original source), it's
    the package author's duty. If you find the docs lacking, bug (or
    help) the author of the package. It doesn't matter in this case (the
    author maintains the port himself), but it's valid otherwise.

--
FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE
6:37AM up 1 day, 17:32, 8 users, load averages: 0.07, 0.10, 0.04