Date:      Fri, 11 Apr 2003 13:32:29 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tom Samplonius <tom@sdf.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Other architectures?

  Would jdk14 build on architectures besides x86?  I know Hotspot has a
lot of machine specific code, but there should be code for sparc64 for
sure.  But does it build and run on FreeBSD/sparc64?

  I would imagine that alpha and ia64 are much harder, and perhaps
impossible, since Sun is not likely to be targetting these platforms.
Perhaps maybe ia64, if Solaris is ported to it sometime in the future.

Tom