Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 1999 15:38:02 -0800
From:      GVB <gvbmail@tns.net>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Apache web server tuning..

FreeBSD is the OS.... I am running Apache-SSL with FP extensions... the
server suited us fine for the load, but now with increased business the
server is starting to choke on me... It is now time to research FreeBSD
kernel tuning and Apache tuning... Anyone have any basic recommendations as
far as kernel options and things?  I know thing like maxusers, somaxusers,
fd_setsize, nmbclusters.. any other places I can find some info, or some
other things I can fine tune to get more performance out of this machine?
Each httpsd process is using about 2 megs of memory... thats alot in my
book, and I'll like to decrease that... any help is appriciated..

Thanks in advance..

GVB