Date:      Wed, 14 Dec 2016 13:20:54 +0100
From:      "John W. Kitz" <John.Kitz@xs4all.nl>
To:        "'Ganbold Tsagaankhuu'" <ganbold@gmail.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: When first hooking up a cubieboard2...

Ganbold,

> On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 5:22 AM, John W. Kitz <John.Kitz@xs4all.nl> =
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When attaching a new cubieboard2 to a FreeBSD system for the first =
time I
> get:
>
> "ugen1.2: <USB Developer> at usbus1
> umass0: <Mass Storage> on usbus1
> umass0:  SCSI over Bulk-Only; quirks =3D 0x4000
> umass0:4:0: Attached to scbus4
>
> da0 at umass-sim0 bus 0 scbus4 target 0 lun 0
> da0: <USB 2.0 USB Flash Driver 0100> Removable Direct Access SCSI-2 =
device
> da0: 40.000MB/s transfers
> da0: Attempt to query device size failed: NOT READY, Medium not =
present
> da0: quirks=3D0x2<NO_6_BYTE>
>
> da1 at umass-sim0 bus 0 scbus4 target 0 lun 1
> da1: <USB 2.0 USB Flash Driver 0100> Removable Direct Access SCSI-2 =
device
> da1: 40.000MB/s transfers
> da1: Attempt to query device size failed: NOT READY, Medium not =
present
> da1: quirks=3D0x2<NO_6_BYTE>
>
> da2 at umass-sim0 bus 0 scbus4 target 0 lun 2
> da2: <USB 2.0 USB Flash Driver 0100> Removable Direct Access SCSI-2 =
device
> da2: 40.000MB/s transfers
> da2: Attempt to query device size failed: NOT READY, Medium not =
present
> da2: quirks=3D0x2<NO_6_BYTE>"
>
> While looking at the hardware schematic, am I correct in assuming that =
da0
> represents the SD card slot, and da1 and da2 represent USB port 1 and =
2
> respectively?
>
> I don't remember the details, but there are 2 USB host ports exposed =
on the board, and 1 USB otg port.
> SD would be mmcsd0.

Well not the answer I was looking for, but this is what I got when =
attaching the OTG port of a new cubieboard2 (NOT in FEL mode) to a USB =
port on an AMD64 / FreeBSD system. Since the messages all seem to refer =
to removable storage devices attached to the same bus on which the =
storage medium itself doesn't seem to be present, resulting in the =
devices being reported as not ready, the only thing I could imagine were =
the SD card slot (I believe using a converter it is possible to connect =
that to a USB port as well) and the two other (i.e. non OTG) USB ports.

Regards, Jk.