Date:      Wed, 15 Jul 1998 00:36:16 -0400
From:      Tim Gustafson <guff@falconsoft.com>
Subject:   error during compile

hello all

i get the following when trying to configure a kernel for compilation:

root@esther# /usr/sbin/config ESTHER
Removing old directory ../../compile/ESTHER:  Done.
Unknown % construct in generic makefile: %VERSREQ=       220000
Kernel build directory is ../../compile/ESTHER
root@esther#

I can run "make depend" fine in the kernel build directory, but when I go
to actually "make" it, I get (after much compilation):

cc -O -Wreturn-type -Wcomment -Wredundant-decls -Wimplicit
-Wnested-externs -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes  -Wpointer-arith
-nostdinc -I- -I. -I../.. -I../../../include -DFAILSAFE -DCOMPAT_43 -DNFS
-DFFS -DINET -DKERNEL -c vers.c
isa.o: Undefined symbol `_isa_devtab_cam' referenced from text segment
isa.o: Undefined symbol `_isa_devtab_cam' referenced from text segment
isa.o: Undefined symbol `_isa_devtab_cam' referenced from text segment
isa.o: Undefined symbol `_isa_devtab_cam' referenced from text segment
isa.o: Undefined symbol `_isa_devtab_cam' referenced from text segment
isa.o: Undefined symbol `_isa_devtab_cam' referenced from text segment
isa.o: Undefined symbol `_isa_devtab_cam' referenced from text segment
isa.o: Undefined symbol `_isa_devtab_cam' referenced from text segment
*** Error code 1

Stop.
root@esther#

I get this even when replacing ESTHER with the GENERIC file.  I've
re-downloaded all the kernel src directory via CVSUP already to make sure
no files in the /usr/src/sys/ tree were corrupted somehow.

Any ideas?  Please reply to my address as I've had to swear off all mailing
lists because my inbox kept exploding.

Thanks!

tim
Tim Gustafson