Date:      Wed, 30 Sep 1998 19:02:54 -0500
From:      nervous and weird <unixphreak@hempseed.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   gettytab headaches

I just installed 2.2.7-STABLE (i love how many more packages you have
with it btw ;P)
and my gettytab file is giving me migranes.  I have a nice issue screen
that covers a good
2/3 of the screen, and i was using if=/etc/issue in my gettytab file to
point to it, however
when it comes to remote connections they just see "login:" and no issue
screen.  I converted the issue file into an im= statement line-per-line
and now telnetd refuses connections, however when i use a single line
im= statement instead it works.  This leads me to believe the issue
screen is perhaps too large, and that there is a restriction on the size
of remote issue screens.  My local consoles have no problem with the im=
statement though.  What I need to know is, am I right in assuming there
is a limit, is there any way around this or is there anyway to use an
if= to use an issue file and have it go out remotely?  Looked over the
faq and handbook and got no luck. I read the man page and  it's
unbelievably cryptic and says nothing about remote issue screens.  Help
o_O

`Mike