Date:      Tue, 18 Nov 2008 12:43:28 -0700
From:      Chad Perrin <perrin@apotheon.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and hardware??

--uCPdOCrL+PnN2Vxy

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 10:42:26AM -0500, Dan wrote:
> Wojciech Puchar(wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl)@2008.11.18 12:23:24 +0100:
> > FreeBSD is very good in hardware support now, with most of drivers bein=
g =20
> > very stable and high performance.
> >
> > for now there is no such thing, except ReactOS which is in early alpha =
=20
> > state.
>=20
> Have you used, erm... Linux? Both Linux and FreeBSD run pretty much at
> hardware level. You benchmark either, you'll get very close results in
> speed and scalability. Both are well optimized.
>=20
> Unix is for servers, Windoze/OSX is for clients. They're much better
> clients than Unix. Cut and paste still doesn't work well in Unix GUIs.
> Think about that.

Uh . . . what?

I'll try pasting something:

  Chad Perrin [ content licensed PDL: http://pdl.apotheon.org ]

Yep, works great.  In fact, I *love* that middle-click paste thing, and
on the rare occasion that I find myself sitting down in front of an MS
Windows machine, I find myself quickly lamenting the existence of
middle-click pasting, and start wondering why MS Windows is such a
primitive excuse for a "desktop" operating system.

I don't know where you get the idea that MS Windows is so good at being a
"client" and FreeBSD is so bad at it.

--=20
Chad Perrin [ content licensed PDL: http://pdl.apotheon.org ]
Mike Maples, as quoted by James Gleick:  "My job is to get a fair share
of the software applications market, and to me that's 100 percent."

--uCPdOCrL+PnN2Vxy

--uCPdOCrL+PnN2Vxy--