Date:      Mon, 31 Aug 1998 15:56:36 -0700
From:      Studded <Studded@dal.net>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        Satoshi Asami <asami@FreeBSD.ORG>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: p5-* ports

Mark Murray wrote:

> > I'm sure some people will object to having /usr/bin being cluttered
> > with all sorts of perl5.00X0Y stuff.  (Remember, in /usr/src, you
> > can't easily do a "pkg_delete perl-5.00404". :)
>
> Ok - i'll just leave it as /usr/bin/perl and /usr/bin/suidperl.

	One thing I would like to see is a symlink from perl to perl5. There
are still a lot of scripts and such out there that use that to be more
sure what they're getting.

Doug
--
***           Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network          ***

At Barry (a small town in south Wales) hidden cameras have had to be
installed to keep watch on the town's CCTV [Closed Circuit Television]
to record acts of vandalism against the CCTV. - Privacy Forum