Date:      Sun, 6 Aug 2000 21:09:49 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@freebsd.org>
To:        Damien Tougas <damien@tougas.net>
Cc:        John Murphy <bigotfo@bigfoot.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ctrl X C V

On Sun, Aug 06, 2000 at 12:26:02PM -0400, Damien Tougas wrote:
> Not too many people know this, but the FreeBSD version of vi actually
> lets you edit multiple files simultaneously in different windows.
> While editing a file, type the following:
>
> :E filename
>
> to open 'filename' into a new window. You can then switch between the
> windows using Ctrl-W.

Hey, cool! I never knew that. Although to be more accurate it splits
the window (xterm) it is running in into 2 or more areas that you can
switch between, but WTH, it's a handy feature.

Why didn't you tell me this before, huh :)

> If you like vi, but want even more power try installing vim from the
> ports.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> --
> Damien Tougas
> E-mail: damien@tougas.net
> http://www.tougas.net
>
> On Sun, Aug 06, 2000 at 04:17:20PM +0100, John Murphy wrote:
> > Hi
> > I'd like an editor that uses the Ctrl-X (cut) Ctrl-C (copy)
> > and Ctrl-V (paste) keys along with shift arrows keys for
> > selection highlighting.  Or alternatively an editor I could
> > configure to work this way.  Also I would need 2 or 3 files
> > loaded and a means to switch between them.
> >
> > I was getting to like vi until I couldn't find an easy way
> > to switch back to the first of two files loaded via the
> > command line...
> >
> > Thanks
> > John.

  If I buy a copy of WinDelete, and it doesn't delete Windows,
  am I entitled to my money back?