Date:      Wed, 21 May 2003 11:02:18 +0200 (MEST)
From:      kfritsche@gmx.net
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Amadeus DVD weird problem

> I have a weird problem when playing a particular DVD in my FBSD system
> running 4.8 stable.  This DVD is Amadeus, it won't play with mplayer at
> all and with ogle it plays very fast without any sound, but this
> particular DVD plays everywhere else, in my TV DVD Player and on any
> windows box.  The weird part is I have other DVD movies and they play
> very nicely either in mplayer or ogle.  Does anyone know what might be
> the problem, is it, possibly, the way this DVD is encrypted?

I also struggled with DVD playback, especially synchronisation of sound and
video, until I tried VLC.  In my experience it plays DVDs better than the
other programs I've tried, although it doesn't have support for DVD menus :(

It is in the ports collection (under multimedia I think)

Good luck!

Karsten