Date:      Tue, 31 Jan 2023 10:07:54 +0100
From:      Sergio Carlavilla <carlavilla@freebsd.org>
To:        ykla <yklaxds@gmail.com>
Cc:        Mathieu Arnold <mat@freebsd.org>, doceng@freebsd.org,  "freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-doc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: To be deprecated [.filename]## tag in the document?
References:  <CA%2BPGaYChwV0uZi4y6fdLwFwX396tbUTzgGS7hCuxwT1LhRYr0g@mail.gmail.com> <CAFwocyO_2gzyG=qN4eiOyR12MrYBhq80mbUEB7qf6X110n5VSA@mail.gmail.com> <20230130113056.rxdp4ajyh5adayl4@aching.in.mat.cc> <CAFwocyN=itM2OTjfstiLk6FMxqvktJSs7_MguaHbhSw=WGX9Jg@mail.gmail.com> <20230131080243.zsxwgvx6qxfjjdc3@aching.in.mat.cc> <CA%2BPGaYC-_zudANd5ZUH=_rJj69w5JYRkSVs_t9ziDXQuUqc=4g@mail.gmail.com> <CAFwocyPcprXkWUbDS0Whs0BrLHrDLpq-9a%2BN6Pzy52SoKQW8%2BA@mail.gmail.com>

On Tue, 31 Jan 2023 at 10:02, Sergio Carlavilla <carlavilla@freebsd.org> wr=
ote:

le to learn? Just like vuepress https://handbook.bsdcn.org/ .

> > Mathieu Arnold <mat@freebsd.org> =E4=BA=8E2023=E5=B9=B41=E6=9C=8831=E6=
=97=A5=E5=91=A8=E4=BA=8C 16:02=E5=86=99=E9=81=93=EF=BC=9A

CSS parser.

> >> This is exactly my point, if you write `foo`, you cannot affect the
> >> rendering so that variable `foo` is different than filename `foo` or
> >> code block `foo`, which is why we should keep [.filename]#foo#, and if
> >> it was ever a thing, [.variable]#foo#, so that rendering can be made
> >> different, and people reading the documentation have a better
> >> experience, like, if something is in fixed width font, and in green,
> >> (which was the color when we used docbook, I think,) then I know it's =
> >> filename, I don't have to figure it out by using context.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mathieu Arnold
>
> Hi,
>
> There's no *one* MD, there're a lot of flavours. Not only one.So you
> cannot "learn'' one MD, you need to learn a lot of them.Also, AsciiDoc
> has some functionalities that MD doesn't have, like callouts,
> admonitions, etc.
>
> And the good point of AsciiDoc is there's only one AsciiDoc. You only
> need to learn a single one. And as I said, have some functionalities
> from the beginning without extensions, like callouts, etc. Apart from
> the possibility to build custom functions, like the package, man, git
> we're using right now.
>
> Bye!

I forgot to say two things:

In the first place, I'm gonna discuss with other Doceng members about
the [filename] thing

Secondly, I don't want to create a bikeshed about MD vs AsciiDoc.

Bye!