Date:      Mon, 12 Jun 2000 00:33:21 +0200
From:      Olaf Hoyer <ohoyer@fbwi.fh-wilhelmshaven.de>
To:        Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: scalable logo /download

At 22:34 11.06.00 +0530, you wrote:
>version of beastie.  You can download it from
<snip>

>I already mailed -advocacy. Just out of curiosity, I looked at the
>httpd logs.  The downloads so far came from 49 unique IP addresses; and
>the OS breakup on these is
>  28 -- Windows of some kind
>  15 -- FreeBSD
>   4 -- Linux
>   1 -- SunOS
>   1 -- Wget, unknown platform
>I'm a bit surprised at the number of windows machines among freebsd
>advocacy list subscribers -- is it still *that* difficult to avoid
>windows in the "real world"?

Hi!

Well, sometimes you do some download from machines at work, or at the
university because of the bigger pipes for free...

(Ok, dunno the time when the hits were, at sundays this theory is
irrelevant...)

Also, for some historic reason I still have my mail under Eudora/winblows.
(Difficult to migrate, I already discussed it some time ago on other lists.
From a technical point of view no big deal, but some real work (some real
hours) involved. So I wait till I have lots of spare time (not until 200x,
I fear) and then do it)

Regards
Olaf Hoyer

--------
Olaf Hoyer	 www.nightfire.de                mailto:Olaf.Hoyer@nightfire.de
FreeBSD- Turning PC's into workstations   ICQ:22838075

Liebe und Hass sind nicht blind, aber geblendet vom Feuer,
dass sie selber mit sich tragen. (Nietzsche)