Date:      Wed, 8 May 1996 10:47:55 -0500
From:      "Brent J. Nordquist" <nordquist@platinum.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with -stable make world using -DCLOBBER

I finally overcame all the recent hurdles with -stable (missing
sliplogin, bad getpwent.c, etc.) and got make world to compile.  I then
tried to use the -DCLOBBER option and make it again.  I saw it remove
the includes and libs and remake them, but then further down in the
compile it dies with:

===> libgmp
cc -O -I/var/src/gnu/lib/libgmp -I/var/src/gnu/lib/libgmp/obj -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -DLOCALE /var/src/gnu/lib/libgmp/cre-mparam.c -o cre-mparam
ld: crt0.o: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Looks like the lib rebuild didn't make crt0.o.  I pulled /usr/include
and (most of) /usr/lib off the 2.1R CD-ROM's live file system and I'm
redoing it without the -DCLOBBER.

Any ideas?  Is -DCLOBBER supposed to work with make world?
--
Brent J. Nordquist      PLATINUM technology, inc. (ViaTech Development Lab)
nordquist@platinum.com  2600 Eagan Woods Dr., Suite 410, Eagan, MN  55121-1152

Voice +1 612 688-3033   If you can keep your head when all about you are
Vmail +1 708 620-5116   losing theirs, you clearly don't understand the
      (ext. 7806)       situation.