Date:      Thu, 9 Nov 1995 19:13:47 -0500 (EST)
From:      Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
To:        terry@lambert.org (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        current@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: config, other kernel build tools

> Anyone else believe config should be in the /usr/src/sys somewhere
> instead of /usr/src/usr.sbin?

Why?  Does it still have machine-dependencies in it?  I highly recommend
the much more machine-independent 'config' that NetBSD is now using.
Or at least something similar.

As it stands, I can config for several different architectures from one
config program.  Porting to it is not a trivial amount of work, but I
think it's well worth the effort if you do plan to be multi-platform,
and it has been done before on the x86...  ;-)

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **
   Where does all my time go?  <a href="http://www.netbsd.org/">Guess.</a>;