Date:      Tue, 16 Dec 1997 18:59:42 -0800 (PST)
From:      Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        current <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Pentium optimizations

I've been lurking on the egcs list, and a few Linux/x86ites have been
tossing around various Pentium or K6 enhanced functions (strlen and memcpy
come to mind).  I was wondering what the chance of this actually being
merged into the -current cc?  I was hopin we could get some Pentium
optimizations without having to use the (as of now) fairly incompatable
egcs.  Or maybe get some of the dynamic library gunk merged into egcs.

- alex