Date:      Tue, 3 Dec 2019 16:45:27 +0700
From:      Victor Sudakov <vas@sibptus.ru>
To:        FreeBSD Virtualization <freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Need X-server to run in bhyve guest

--cYtjc4pxslFTELvY

Rodney W. Grimes wrote:
> > >=20
EFI.
> > >=20
> > > Do you mean GPT+UFS? =20
> >=20
> > I mean UFS+GPT+UEFI. That means, a EFI partition should be created and
> > populated by the installer, alongside with the UFS and swap partitions.
> >=20
> > bsdinstall can create and populate the EFI partition when
> > installing on ZFS, but not when installing on UFS.
> >=20
> > > Not sure what the failure is here.  I usually
> > > install MBR/(UFS or ZFS) so this is not a use case for me.
> >=20
> > How do you create the EFI partition, manually?
>=20
> I don't use bsdinstall at all, I install using make and a Makefile,
> so, kinda yes, kinda no, not manual, but not bsdinstall either.

I see. Well, I personally like bsdinstall for simple cases.  It's a pity
it cannot automagically create a EFI partition when installing on UFS.
But its ZFS installation routine is neat, and "bsdinstall jail" too.

--=20
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
2:5005/49@fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/

--cYtjc4pxslFTELvY