Date:      Wed, 12 Jun 2002 15:19:31 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Alexander V Zubchenko <stalker@hermes-comp.zp.ua>
To:        Sherry Moore <smoore@colsa.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, Roark Washington <rwashing@colsa.com>, Cliff Kirby <CKIRBY3@colsa.com>, <ebutton@colsa.com>
Subject:   Re: your mail

Greetings!

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Sherry Moore wrote:

> I found you name and contact information on a free BSD website.  I am
Sorry, it's not clear. This is maillist, not a person... But, anyway,
You are in the right place.

>  having difficulty with a Free BSD box I recently installed.  We are
>  using it as a GPS server.  Within our corporation, we have specific
>  logon icons, specific logon pop up messages and message of the day for
>  the konsole for our security department.  I having difficulty with these
>  displaying on boot or in the konsole window.
>
>  I have add a line in the recourses file and the xsetup file, pointing to
>  the png logo image.  Also, I created the motd file of root.  Yet, it
>  still does not appear in the konsole window.  I am using the KDE
>  Desktop. Any input will be greatly appreciated.
There are some questions:
1. Do You want to display motd in initial konsole, or in any opened,
or in any opened by some users?
2. When and where must pop up logon message (is it message in login
window  or pop-up window displayed after successful login)?

Pls, give us more information. What files exactly was changed, and
what content is will b useful too.

Kdm configuration file is kdmrc, located in
$KDEDIR/share/config/kdmrc. It does not belong to any user (so,
user-specific kdmrc is not possible), 'cos kdm must b launched
_before_ user login. In it LogoPixmap is resource for logon icon,
GreetString - title for kdm login window (if You mean this under
'logon pop up messages'). For details look at http://docs.kde.org.

>  I am new to this operating system, so I am a little green on specifics.
Nobody can't reach end of infinity....

With respect,

Alexander V Zubchenko,		E-Mail: stalker@hermes-comp.zp.ua
System Administrator,		WWW: http://www.hermes-comp.zp.ua/